Oven Baked Chicken Meatballs
1 lb ground free range chicken
2 small onions
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf
1 bpa free can organic tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop up your onions, parsley, and basil and mince your garlic.
4. Combine your onions, garlic, and one tbsp of oil in a large skillet over
medium heat. Stir until the onion is softened, it should take about 6
5. Add your parsley, ¾ of your tomatoes, and your cooked onions in a bowl and
stir together. Then add in your ground chicken and egg, and mix together until
7. Form meatballs using about 1 tbsp of mixture per ball.
8. Combine the remaining tomato mixture and 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
in a small bowl and brush on top of your meatballs.
9. Bake your meatballs for about 15 minutes.
10. Feel free to serve as appetizers or add on top of your favourite
This recipe was posted by
Sammie Kennedy http://www.sammiekennedy.com/2013/02/26/meatball-mania/
Recipe adapted from http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/10/baked-chicken-meatballs/